The excursion to Mount Tahtali is a unique opportunity to admire the beauty of the Mediterranean coast from a height. Tourists can get to the top by the cableway.
Mount Tahtali is also called Tahtalıdag or Olympos. It is part of the mountain chain of the Western Taurus Range. The mountain rises almost 2.4 km above sea level. Vegetation disappears from an altitude of 1.9 km.
The excursion bus arrives at the parking place of the lower station, located at the altitude of 0.73 km. It takes about 1-1.5 hours, the distance from Antalya is 57 km, from Kemer is 15 km. Nearby there are cash desks where you can buy tickets. It’s cheaper if you pay for the uphill and downhill. Children aged 7-12 get a 50% discount, up to six are free.
The lower station belongs to Beydaglari National Park. It occupies more than 34,000 hectares. Wildlife is unique here. Tourists may meet such fauna:
– wild goats who get to the top;
– Black turtles
– lizards – – – – birds of prey and songbirds. Next to the station there is a fire pool where ducks and fish can be seen.
On top of the mountain, tourists arrive on a cable car for 80 people. The Olympos Teleferik cableway was launched in 2007. It stretches for 4.35 km. The cableway lift takes 10-12 minutes, departing every half an hour, and the cabins are designed for 80 people. In the past, the only way to get to the top was on foot with sufficient physical preparation.
During the trip you can enjoy picturesque landscapes through large windows on all sides of the cabin. Vegetation changes as it rises. Cedars, red and black pines are the first visible, but only mosses and lichens remain closer to the top.
The top station is at the top of Olympus. It’s a three-storey structure with:
– Rooms for arrival and a waiting hall;
– the restaurant with terrace;
– Gift shops
– the observation deck and telescopes on the roof.
The tourists have an hour before they come back. It should be taken into account that at altitude the temperature is much lower, so even in hot seasons it can be cool here, although the sun is more active. So, you should bring a sweatshirt and sunscreen.
In winter the top of Olympus is covered with snow, which melts only in May. In spring the wind brings small red dust from the Sahara, giving the snow a pink shade.
From the top of Tahtalıdag, there is a magnificent circular panorama on the outskirts of Kemer. You can fully enjoy it from the outdoor observation deck on the roof. The person here feels like she/he is floating in the sky. On the top you can not only see a unique landscape with your own eyes, but also take a lot of memorable photos or videos.
On our website you can book the tour to Mount Tahtali from Antalya. It includes a round-trip transfer. The surrounding mountains can be reached from different resorts, but access to the lower station is possible only on foot or by car, and the bus will come directly to the destination.
• Arrival at the cable car (lower station 726 meters) Ascent by funicular (12 minutes)
• Free time at the top of the mountain (upper station 2365 meters) (1 hour 30 minutes)
• Descent by funicular (12 minutes)
• End of excursion / collection by bus
• Arrival at the hotel
Transfer from and to the hotel
Entrance ticket to the cable car
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.