Demre Myra Kekova Tour from Antalya will help you to get acquainted with the sights of Turkey and just have a good day. We organize informative tours without long shopping trips.
A busy day waits for you! Pick-up from the hotel is scheduled early in the morning, so we recommend you to order a lunch box in the restaurant or at our company in advance. The journey to the destination lasts for 3-3.5 hours, but our Russian-speaking guide entertains all guests during the journey. You can ask any questions about the life and history of Turkey. The stop during which you can have breakfast is planned in the suburb of Antalya.
The first stop is Demre. Here is the ancient city of Myra. The main attraction is an amphitheater for 10,000 people which was built around the third century BC. The historical region of Lycia is also famous for its carved tombs with columns and bas-reliefs. You can take great pictures at the foot of the necropolis.
The group visits the Church of Saint Nicholas, which received the World Heritage status from UNESCO in 1982. This religious place attracts more than half a million pilgrims every year. The grey stone building is surrounded with well-kept gardens and several modern statues of Nicholas. The interior walls are decorated with frescoes that illustrate various religious events. The floor is a complex mosaic of the 11th century. The church has several coffins including the tomb of Saint Nicholas.
After the acquaintance with different periods of Turkish history guests have an opportunity to fortify themselves. A buffet meal which a great variety of national and European dishes is arranged.
The second part of the tour takes place on a comfortable yacht. After the non-durable crossing through Kumluca, the group comes aboard of the yacht and sails over the sunken city. The water in the area of Kekova Island is transparent, so in any weather tourists can see the basements outlines of ancient buildings and the tops of the sunken columns. The captain of the yacht stops in a secluded picturesque bay where everyone can swim. At the end of the day drop off to the Antalya hotels is organized.
The length of stops may vary. For example, in the hot weather, tourists prefer to spend more time on a yacht, and in the cool weather they prefer to spend more time exploring ancient sights.
We tend to make each trip as comfortable as possible. So, you will get all the information about the exact time of pick-up and drop off just before the day of the tour. Take with you:
– lunch box (or order breakfast from us);
– sunscreen cream;
All cost of entrance tickets is already included in the cost of the tour. It is also necessary to take into account that in the morning you will walk a lot. Therefore, it is better to put on comfortable shoes and wear hats. Please take a towel and a bathing suit for the yacht trip.
Make your beach holiday filled with bright impressions in the country of the sun!
Order a one-day tour in our agency!
• Stop for breakfast in the mountains;
• Walk on a yacht near the sunken city + stop for swimming;
• Stop for lunch at a restaurant (buffet);
• Visit to the Icon Center;
• Visit to the “Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker”, pilgrimage to the sarcophagus;
• Visit to the “Ancient City of Peace” (Roman Theater and Lycian Rock Tombs);
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Guide services
✔ Entrance ticket to Mira
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
✘ Any drinks during the excursion
✘ Entrance ticket to the Church of St. Nicholas (Optional)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.