Wild, pristine nature, intoxicating smell of coniferous forest, striking water of emerald color are peculiarities of the Green Canyon tour which make an indelible impression even on the sophisticated tourists. It is a real relaxation for people tired of the crazy pace of their lives. Rest here adjusts to the contemplative mood and restores the mental balance.
Green Canyon is a huge creation of human hands. It is one of the most beautiful places and the largest canyon reservoirs in Turkey with an area of almost 500 hectares. It originated during the construction of a hydroelectric power station 25 kilometres from Side on the Manavgat River in the Taurus Mountains at an altitude of 350 metres above sea level.
In the Green Canyon the water has amazing turquoise tones. It is filled in thanks to 27 mountain springs. Around this magnificence there are green rocks and blue sky.
In the morning, a comfortable bus picks tourists up from the hotels. You will be informed in advance of the exact time and place of departure. An experienced driver, with thousands of miles of trips behind his shoulders, will gently drive you up the serpentine. There’s going to be astonishing scenery on your way – one of them is more beautiful than the other. The guide will tell you a lot of interesting things about these places.
Spectacular photos, which will warm the soul during long winter evenings, can be taken during a stop at the Oymapinar dam which height is 185 meters. Today, the dam is the fifth largest dam in Turkey. A panoramic view of the reservoir and the picturesque gorge opens from the observation deck.
But the best impressions are yet to come! A boat trip awaits you, during which you will sail all over the canyon, looking into secret bays and tunnels. The beauty of the natural environment, the silence and the peace will take you into this completely magical atmosphere.
You can get a good tan on comfortable decks. And those wishing to dip in turquoise water will be given free time. The Green Canyon is cooler than the sea, but it’s crystal clear and attractive. The average depth of the reservoir is about 100 meters, but it is safe to swim here. Life jackets are given to the guests.
Unfortunately, time flies very quickly. In the afternoon after lunch in a restaurant located in the shade of pine trees, overflowing with appeasement and positive emotions, you will be taken back to the hotel.
For the journey to be smooth and pleasant, it is worth taking:
– Drinking water;
– medicine for seasickness;
– head covering;
– sunglasses and cream;
– swimwear and a towel;
– a camera or a video camera;
– money for personal expenses.
The Green Canyon tour from Alanya does not involve long journeys or tedious walks. And the midday heat is hardly felt near the refreshing water. The tour is equally suitable for couples, families with children and the elderly people.
Book this tour on our website now. This is a great opportunity to change the scenery and admire the pristine nature, which is breathtaking in its magnificence.
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region;
• Arrival at Green Canyon;
• Stop at the dam (observation deck) for photos;
• Boat trip;
• Stop for swimming;
• Lunch at a restaurant;
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Drinks and swimming in the river
✔ Fishing tackle
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.