Fascinating and informative Turkey never ceases to amaze, and the Demre-Myra-Kekova Tour from Alanya impresses lovers of history. Tourists will be lucky to visit several ancient places with a difficult fate and to see with their own eyes the remains of the old sunken city, rock tombs and amphitheatre, the church of one of the most revered saints in the world Nicholas the Wonderworker This trip will be appreciated by curious travellers of all ages who dream of discovering the world.
Early in the morning, tourists leave for new adventures. The first stop is planned in picturesque mountains, where you can have a snack, admire the surrounding nature and enjoy its sounds.
Next, on board a chic yacht, sailing in the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean Sea, travelers will reach Kekova Island which is a paradise for archaeologists. After an earthquake that occurred as early as the 2nd century, a part of the island appeared sunk. The ancient city is often called «Turkish Atlantis», its dwellers had to leave their homes immediately without their belongings.
This place is considered a preserved area, so visitors are not allowed to settle here. However, it can be visible to the the naked eye that the entire coastline is strewn with antique objects, and the special transparent bottom of the yacht will allow to look at:
– stone stairs;
– the walls of houses;
– the statues;
– marble columns;
– remains of an ancient port, etc.
Travellers will be able to stop within a walking distance to take spectacular pictures, relax and refresh in cool, crystal-clear water.
After a buffet lunch in the restaurant, where you can taste the most delicious dishes of the national cuisine of Turkey, tour participants go to the city where the patron of children and travellers – Nikolas the Wonderworker lived and preached.
In the icon shop in Demra, tourists buy hallowed icons, which are applied to the sarcophagus of the Saint. The next destination is the church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. Visiting the church, you can see preserved faces of saints, fragments of ancient frescoes, the most famous of which is «The Last Supper».
Despite the fact that the relics of the Saint were stolen by Italian sailors and brought to the city of Bari (where they are still kept), the sarcophagus of the saint possesses the most powerful energy. Many believers come here to touch it, to make a wish and to be cured of ailments.
This is not the end of the tour, but a stroll through the ruins of the ancient city. This is the pearl of Turkey, which has preserved such sights:
• Lycian cave tombs, which don’t have an equivalent anywhere in the world. The necropolis is a stone wall more than 200 meters high with tombs located inside. Lycia is «the land of the sun», its dwellers believed that the higher the burial of a man, the faster she/he would get to heaven;
• The arena of the ancient theatre. This is a unique historical place where gladiatorial battles and grandiose theatrical performances were held. The Roman Theatre has great acoustics, you can hear each other even if you whisper.
During the trip, tourists will also visit the ancient city of Kumluja, which symbol is tomatoes. One of the most popular local holidays is the battle of tomatoes! The tour is accompanied by a professional guide and is planned for the whole day. In the evening the travelers are waiting for a transfer and are dropped off to the hotel.
Don’t sit still! Travel! Coming to Alanya, do not miss the unique opportunity to visit the most mysterious places of Turkey that allow you to plunge into the depths of centuries.
• Stop for breakfast in the mountains;
• Walk on a yacht near the sunken city + stop for swimming;
• Stop for lunch at a restaurant (buffet);
• Visit to the Icon Center;
• Visit to the “Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker”, pilgrimage to the sarcophagus;
• Visit to the “Ancient City of Peace” (Roman Theater and Lycian Rock Tombs);
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Guide services
✔ Entrance ticket to Mira
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
✘ Any drinks during the excursion
✘ Entrance ticket to the Church of St. Nicholas (Optional)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.