If you don’t want to spend the whole day for the excursion, go to the Green Canyon from Belek. The journey will not be tiring, even the elderly and small children can afford it. Green Canyon is an unusual place to visit if you want to see all the beauty of Turkey. Unlike the hot coast of Antalya, the picturesque gorge is very cool. It is a great place for peaceful and leisurely walks. Another nice bonus is the low cost compared to other tours.
The tour will start after breakfast. Departure place is the gate of your hotel. Our team has experienced drivers and guides. The Green Canyon is located 65 km far from Belek. Tourists do not notice the roads, because they spend time in a comfortable air-conditioned bus, looking around the beauty.
The first stop is a viewpoint on the dam. Tourists will have the opportunity to have a photo session or simply admire the beautiful scenery. On the way to the next stop, you will see the Manavgat Waterfalls. There are no multi-kilometre crossings. Walk as long as your health allows! Stops are made in safe, comfortable places. In your spare time you can always sit on the bench and just relax.
The next stop is the dock. The tourists move to the boat and begin their journey through Green Canyon. As we move forward, we can see how the water swells from emerald to bright blue. The captain will stop the boat in a small bay. Everyone will have free time when you can swim in cool and clean water.
After finishing the boat trip, tourists are transported to the restaurant for lunch. In the afternoon you will be in the hotel!
What to take with you:
– head covering;
– sunscreen cream;
– a towel;
– swimsuit/swimming trunks;
– additional clothes to change.
Lunch is included in the price, but alcoholic beverages are offered for an additional fee.
Interesting facts about natural and man-made sights that can be seen during the excursion
Green Canyon is located in the Taurus Mountains, in the territory of the natural park. The river valley is a part of the reservoir formed after the construction of the Oymapinar dam. The length of the ravine is 14 km. The Green Canyon is one of the largest in Turkey. Free access was granted relatively recently in 2000. During the summer season, thousands of tourists visit the place.
The lake, located in the canyon, is quite deep and filled with water from dozens of sources. Swimming in the lake is safe, there is no strong current, but the average temperature is about 12 degrees. Even if you don’t want to swim, just sit on a boat and enjoy the mountain scenery.
Make sure to book a half-day excursion tour. It will be excellent!
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region;
• Arrival at Green Canyon;
• Stop at the dam (observation deck) for photos;
• Boat trip;
• Stop for swimming;
• Lunch at a restaurant;
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Drinks and swimming in the river
✔ Fishing tackle
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.