For those who want to admire the beauty of Southern Turkey from an altitude of 2365 meters above sea level, we offer to go up to the observation deck of the majestic Takhtali mountain. It is the main natural attraction in the neighborhoods of Kemer and a peculiar feature of the resort.
Mount Tahtali, the second highest peak of the Turkish Mediterranean, is a part of the Western Taurus mountain system and is well visible for dozens of kilometres both from the coast and from the sea. There are dense coniferous forests on the slopes up to 1900 m, and only bare rocks which are covered with snow from January to April reign above. In the spring, the wind brings sand from the Sahara Desert, staining the mountain red.
Why the mountain top is called Takhtali (in translation from the Turkish language – «wooden board») is not fully known. According to one version, the forests here were the source of Lebanese cedar, the main material for the construction of ships in the Middle Ages.
The second name of the mountain is Olympus. According to the legend, it served as a residence of ancient gods, at its foot the ruins of an ancient city can still be found, as mentioned by Homer in «Iliad». At the bottom of the mountain, flammable natural gas comes out of the crevices of the cliffs. The myth of the fire-breathing monster Chimera is associated with this spectacular natural phenomenon.
– Even in summer heat, the temperature at the mountain top does not rise above +150C, so take appropriate jackets with you, and in winter – even warm shoes and headgear;
– Don’t forget the sunscreen. You can easily get sunburnt at this height;
Sunglasses, cameras and some cash for personal expenses are also welcome.
Mount Tahtali is located 15 km from Kemer on the territory of Olympos-Beydaglari National Park. The Olympos Teleferik Passenger Cable Car, which is located at the altitude of about 730 meters, offers comfortable buses from hotels to the lower station. It will take approximately 10-12 minutes in the cable car to ride to the mountain top where the viewpoint is arranged. Already on the way to the sky, travellers can enjoy the fascinating beauty of the surrounding nature.
The upper observation terrace offers luxurious panoramic views of the forest-covered mountain slopes and vast expanses of the Mediterranean Sea, which will shake even the most unimpressive person. In clear weather, the coast from Phoenice to Side is perfectly visible from the top.
The pure air of the highlands is intoxicated. Clouds float right above the head – it seems that everything you need is to raise up a hand and touch them. Tourists will have one hour of free time to enjoy the breathtaking picturesque scenery. Spyglasses are installed on the site and can be used for an additional fee.
The excursion to the top of Mount Tahtali is very popular among tourists. On our website you can book tickets in advance at a reasonable price. The impressions of such a trip to the sky will stay with you forever. The tour price includes the round-trip transfer and the return trip on the cable car.
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region
• Arrival at the cable car (lower station 726 meters) Ascent by funicular (12 minutes)
• Free time at the top of the mountain (upper station 2365 meters) (1 hour 30 minutes)
• Descent by funicular (12 minutes)
• End of excursion / collection by bus
• Arrival at the hotel
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Entrance ticket to the cable car
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.