In addition to climbing the famous mountain, the tour includes:
The tour is held in the evening when Mount Chimera looks much more spectacular and mysterious than in the daylight.
The half-wild beach of Olympos, from which your journey begins, is a paradise framed by rocks and coniferous forests. It is quiet and uncrowded with the cleanest sea water. That’s why the sea turtles which are called caretta-caretta inhabit this place. If you’re lucky, you can meet them here. The beach is pebble, so it is more comfortable walking in shoes. After swimming you’re going to have a look at medieval ancient ruins.
The ancient city of Olympos, which was founded in the third century BC, has survived the power and decline of several civilizations, and their traces are visible in the form of preserved structures. It is one of the most interesting attractions of Turkey and is constantly excavated.
Once Olympos had its own mint, included in the top six largest cities of the Lycian state. In the 15th century the city got empty and gradually became a part of the wildlife. The ruins are sealed with branches of wild grapes, surrounded by flowering oleanders, pine trees, fig trees and laurel trees, in which sweet-colored birds sing. The site is protected by the State and is part of the National Park.
The ascent to Mount Himera (its Turkish name is Yanartaş) starts at 7:30 p.m. A winding stone road leads to the lights. There is a wonderful view of the sea and picturesque surroundings. As you approach the summit, the twilight is getting more dense, everything will converge and then descend into darkness, with only stars and mystical flames.
In ancient times, Mount Chimera showed the way to the sailors. Then the mountain flame bursted to an altitude of about 2 m and served as a beautiful landmark. Now tourists look at unusual campfires.
The unique natural phenomenon is explained by the fact that natural gas in the subsoil of the mountain comes out through the porous rock on the surface and self-ignites. But ancient people were terrified by the burning stone. The legend tells that Lycia was terrorized by Chimera, a terrible fire-breathing monster with a lion’s head, a goat’s body and a serpent instead of a tail. The brave hero Bellerophon has closed the monster under the rocks, where it continues to spew fire.
At 9:30 pm you will dine in the restaurant of Ulupinar Gorge. Delicious dishes, a pleasant rest, stars and buzzing mountain river will accompany your leisure. The tour will end at 10:00, and in 45 minutes you will return to the hotel.
“What could be better than mountains?
– Only mountains, you have not been yet!”, sang Vladimir Vysotsky, a famous Russian singer. Having seen such an amazing natural phenomenon as a fire mountain, you will get the idea by yourselves!
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region
• Stop at Olympos beach for swimming
• Visit to the ruins of the ancient city of Olympos (optional)
• Visit to Mount Chimera
• Dinner in the Ulupynar gorge
• End of the excursion
• Arrival at the hotel
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Driver services
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
✘ Any drinks during the tour
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.