The Göynük Canyon is a great opportunity for active rest and acquaintance with this interesting and picturesque place. It is popular for hiking and canyoning. The tour will give many impressions, bring pleasant fatigue, and diversify classical beach rest and water entertainment.
Göynük Canyon in Kemer is part of the National Park and is located a few kilometers away from the village. The distance from Kemer is approximately 7 km. Göynük is a tourist destination not only because of its location on the Mediterranean Sea, but also because of the river, which forms a beautiful canyon. It is the ideal place for spending an active holiday and enjoying nature.
During the tour you will find incredible views:
– The mountain river bed in a rock monolith. It reaches a depth of 6 m, in summer it dries up, turning into a stream with small lakes;
– The lake where the water appears to be emerald because of the greenery reflected therein;
– River rapids with large boulder stones up to 3 m high;
– Mountain falls;
– High rocks that admire their age-old power.
Göynük stretched for 14 kilometers. The surrounding rocks rise 6-35 m, and the highest point is 350 m above sea level. The walls of the gorge attract tourists with the diversity of paints. This is provided not only by plants, but also by the stones themselves, which are white, black and red-green.
The width of the gorge varies from one section to another, but the average one is 6 m. In some places it is possible to spread your hands to the sides and touch both walls.
The local nature is striking with its flora. There are cypress trees and deciduous forests, grenades, oranges and lemons, exotic cactuses, oleanders and palm trees. Multicolored and lush vegetation pleases the eye and fills the air with magnificent aromas.
Nature is untouched here, as it was a millennium ago. This feature gives the place a special attraction and unique atmosphere, which is especially striking after the noise and intensive life of popular resorts.
The walk along the canyon lasts for 3 hours. At the entrance there is a rental office where before you go on your way, you have to rent a wetsuit, rubber boots and a helmet. The group has to cross the river, which is cold (14-18 cil C) and rocky, so protection is important.
It is not an easy road for tourists during the tour, so the clothes should be as comfortable as possible. To protect against the sun, you need sunglasses and sunscreen.
Make sure to take some money for personal expenses and a camera or smartphone to capture the incredible beauty of the area. You should also bring drinking water, if you like, a light snack, which you can eat on the way.
When you go on tour, you have to consider that walking means physical activity. It should not be taken by children of primary school age, elderly people who find it difficult to move in such conditions.
You can order Göynük Canyon Tour and other tours in Kemer and other regions of Turkey on our site. The price includes a round-trip transfer. Details of the tour can be specified on the website.
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region
• Visit to Goynuk Canyon (We are here in total for 3 hours)
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Entrance ticket to the canyon
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
✘ Any drinks during the tour
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.