Mosques and minarets, palaces and harems, chapels and cisterns are just a small part of the Istanbul tour. It is a city of colorful contrasts, where history is close to metropolis and marked by a sharp change of cultural eras. Here you will learn about the traditions of Islam and Christianity, about the life of the Ottoman sultans and how many tons of gold they have spent decorating palaces.
The first part of our tour is the luxurious Dolmabahçe Palace. This attraction is an unspoken symbol of Istanbul. This is not surprising, since 14 tons of gold were spent on the decoration of its halls! The interior of the palace will amaze tourists by the pompous Baroque style. In this complex of 44 halls and 285 rooms you will feel the colours of the oriental interiors and will see the largest ballroom in the world.
During the Live History Excursion you will see:
– A gift from Queen Victoria to the Sultan, a chandelier made of bohemian glass;
– 12 padded gates with elements of eastern calligraphy and a view of the Bosphorus;
– An Aiwazovsky painting commissioned by the Sultan;
– A museum with ancient frescoes and mosaics, gold and silver ornaments.
Then we move on to the Ottoman Empire’s religious site, the Seleimanie Mosque. It is an architectural complex with the highest dome in Turkey (53 m), striking by its monumentality and luxury. Columns of granite and marble, libraries, schools, baths, the tomb of Sultan Suleiman, his wife Hurrem – everything is interesting here.
The object which is even more enlightening is called the cistern of Yerebatan Basilica. It will show us how extensive an underground source can be. According to ancient descriptions, 300 columns were originally built here, and the volume of water reached up to 80 thousand cubes. This water artery helped the troops to survive during the siege and the city during the drought. It has survived to this day in the same form with the heads of Medusa the Gorgon on columns.
The first part of our tour ends with lunch in the local restaurant and a little rest. Prepare to see even more interesting objects. So we go on to get some new emotions and experiences.
The Istanbul museum of mosaics in Kariye will allow you to get acquainted with Byzantine masonry, frescoes created by biblical legends and to see a portrait of the Virgin Mary. The gilded images on the ceiling are especially impressive. Here you’ll see the mosaic compositions dating back to the 14th century, and you’ll feel their extraterrestrial energy.
Also in this part of the tour you will meet other pearls of Istanbul:
– The Patriarchate of Constantinople (Golden Iconostasis dated 18th century, holy relics and attributes of Christ’s life);
– The Golden Horn Channel, which is exceptionally curved, plus ferry rides with a view of natural beauty;
– The church of Vlaherne, built in the 5th century and restored in the 15th century after the fire.
During your tour you will get acquainted with the cast-iron-built Bulgarian temple and see a church with five names. Entry tickets are available for sale. A professional guide will help you to explore cultural objects and to highlight their history. He will arrange a meeting at the favourite tourist attractions, will introduce everything in detail and will help to arrange a transfer to the hotel.
The Istanbul tour is similar to an ancient manuscript. Open it together with the guide and enjoy reading every page!
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region
• Dolmabahce Palace
• Suleymaniye Mosque
• Basilica Cistern
• Mosaic Kariye Museum
• Boat trip on the Golden Horn and Bosphorus
• Rumelian Castle (From the sea)
• Maiden Tower (From the sea)
• Beylerbeyi Park
• Return to hotels.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Entrance tickets
✔ Guide services
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
✘ Any drinks during the tour
[:ru]При себе иметь Паспорт;
Время трансфера от вашего отеля указано в Ваучере который высылается после бронирования экскурсии;
Транспорт на экскурсию следует ожидать на улице перед въездом в отель, у шлагбаума;
В случае задержки транспорта более чем на 15-20 минут, связывайтесь с оператором. имеются свободные места;
Младенцы сидят на руках у родителей. Для приобретения отдельного места в автобусе обратитесь к оператору.
Пляжные принадлежности, питьевую воду в дорогу;
Удобная одежда, головной убор, солнечные очки, удобная обувь, крема от / для загара;
Деньги для оплаты дополнительных услуг и всевозможных покупок
На ранние экскурсии заказывайте Завтрак (ланч пакет) в отеле.[:en]• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.[:]