The tour to the ancient Side will provide an opportunity to visit the ancient city itself and to learn about its richest history. In fact, on the way English-speaking tourists will be accompanied by a professional guide. The trip to Manavgat and the ancient town of Aspendos will continue this fascinating tour. You will not only take an extraordinary historical tour, but you will also enjoy incredible nature. You’ll appreciate the beauty of the Turkish scenery, as well as take some photos. Since the one-day tour is intense enough, you will be invited to have lunch in one of the hospitable and inexpensive cafes or restaurants.
The first half of the tour will be closely intertwined with the history of the oldest Turkish city. First, tourists are picked up from hotels. A comfortable bus takes you to the ancient Side. The majestic city built on the peninsula has often been tested with diverse challenges including repeated earthquakes. Despite that, many of Side’s attractions are well preserved:
– walls and towers;
– unusual column road;
– the Roman bath, which today is a museum with a number of valuable exhibits;
– the ancient theatre, which in earlier times had a capacity of more than 15,000 spectators;
– the Temple of Dionysus, a god of winemaking;
– the necropolis;
– the Triumphal Arch (it was erected in honor of the famous Vespasian).
Be sure to walk to the ancient port, because there is probably a key attraction of the ancient settlement – the temple of the god Apollo. Even looking at the ruins, you’ll realize how majestic this structure was centuries ago. Then you have a trip to Aspendos. In a small tourist town you will make an unforgettable journey. In particular, you have to visit the oldest theatre where opera and ballet festivals have been held for more than 30 years.
In the afternoon you visit leather and jewelry shops. Don’t forget to take some money to buy leather products or jewelry directly from the manufacturer. Then you will go to the Manavgat Waterfall. It is surrounded by the majestic Taurus Mountains. Nature is extraordinarily beautiful! Make sure you take a camera to take memorable photos and upload them on social networks.
The tour is concluded with a visit to the Merkez Külliye Camii Mosque. This is an amazing place to be impressed with its powerful architecture. The mosque with four minarets is regularly visited by tens of thousands of Muslims. Tourists are very happy to photograph the interior decoration of the building, as well as to walk in the surrounding area near it. There is everything for a comfortable rest: gazebos, trees and flowers, which give off a pleasant aroma and freshness.
Book the tour on our website, so you don’t have to pay extra for it. In fact, we specially selected the most profitable offers of tour operators for the English-speaking tourists. We guarantee an interesting and safe journey with a historical bias.
• Collection of tourists from hotels by region;
• Visit to the “Antique City of Side”;
• Visit to the Aspendos Amphitheater;
• Stop for lunch; • Visit to a Leather or Jewelry store;
• Visit to Manavgat Waterfall;
• Visit to the “Merkez Külliye Camii” mosque;
• Return to hotels
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Guide services
✔ Visiting the territory “Antique City of Side”, Temple of Apollo
✔ Entrance ticket to Aspendos Theater
✔ Entrance ticket to “Manavgat Waterfall
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc. …)
✘ Any drinks during the excursion
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.