Demre-Myra-Kekova tour from Side is a one-day trip with a historical bias. Accompanied by a professional English-speaking guide, you will travel to the ancient city of Myra, which was once the capital and significantly important settlement of the ancient state of Lycia. Demre is located nearby. This city is famous for its Church of Saint Nicholas. Also as a part of the fascinating tour you will visit the island of Kekova, ride a comfortable yacht, have a delicious lunch and refresh in the warm waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
A busy tour program starts in the morning when the bus picks up tourists from hotels. In the mountains you have the first stop. Enjoying the breathtaking views from the sky, you can enjoy breakfast and get ready to immerse yourself in Turkish history.
The bus stops at the coast, where an elegant and comfortable yacht awaits tourists. It takes you to a sunken city near Kekova Island. Thanks to a transparent bottom you can clearly see the ruins of the ancient settlement. You will also have the opportunity to swim in the sea, freshen up and arrange an unforgettable photo session.
Before the second part of the tour, you will have lunch at the restaurant on the buffet system. Then you go to the town of Demre, located 45 kilometers from Kumlugi. Here tourists undertake a pilgrimage to the sarcophagus. The visit to St. Nicholas Church is also an obligatory part of the program.
The next stop is Myra. It is an ancient city that was the capital of the Lycian state (the country of the sun) in antiquity. The tourists will see the ancient necropolis, the Roman theatre, which is very well preserved despite the past era. You’ll be impressed by the Lycian cave tombs. And I’m sure you’ll be interested to hear the story of the ancient city told by a professional guide. After the tour you will be transferred back to the Side Hotel.
Our website offers guided tours around Turkey to any taste. But the Demre-Myra-Kekova tour is of a particular demand for a number of reasons:
1. An opportunity to take a valuable historical overview, to broaden the range of knowledge;
2. Visiting all major attractions, yachting, a round-trip transfer, breakfast and lunch are included in the price. You do not have to pay separately for anything;
3. The tour is intended for people of all ages;
4. A one-day tour, which eliminates unnecessary expenditure: for example, a hotel room for the night;
5. It is accompanied by a professional guide who speaks English.
You can order a cool one-day trip to ancient places right now via the convenient enquiry form on our website. Managers quickly process client requests. Choose the most suitable date for your one-day tour. We also guarantee safety on the way and during visits to major attractions. And we have an affordable tour price, as we have carefully selected it among other offers.
• Stop for breakfast in the mountains;
• Walk on a yacht near the sunken city + stop for swimming;
• Stop for lunch at a restaurant (buffet);
• Visit to the Icon Center;
• Visit to the “Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker”, pilgrimage to the sarcophagus;
• Visit to the “Ancient City of Peace” (Roman Theater and Lycian Rock Tombs);
• Return to hotels.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE EXCURSION
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Guide services
✔ Entrance ticket to Mira
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
✘ Any drinks during the excursion
✘ Entrance ticket to the Church of St. Nicholas (Optional)
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.