The trip to Samos Island from Kusadasi will be appreciated by beach lovers, gastronomic travellers and tourists.
There is a ferry to Samos from Kusadasi. In the morning you will be picked up and taken by bus to the port, where there is a starting point of the tour. The journey takes about an hour and a half. It is not tiring – you will have the opportunity to enjoy colourful views of Turkish and Greek coasts.
Samos is a Greek territory. You’ll need a passport to access it. After short border control, you will have six hours of free time.
If you are a fan of beach holidays, you can spend time at the seaside. The nearest beach where you can swim in the purest sea is close to the port. If you want, you can rent a water scooter, catamaran or kayak on the beach. There are bars and cafes on the beach. You can have a meal and drink beverages without leaving the coast.
If you like educational tourism, you’ll definitely love Samos. Herodotus, the father of history, made up the top three wonders of the world, two of which are still on the island of Samos:
– Temple of the goddess Hera. According to Greek mythology, Zeus’s wife was born on the island. According to the legend, on Samos the temple of the goddess was founded by argonauts who left a wooden statue of Hera on the island.
– The Eupalinus tunnel is an underground tunnel more than a kilometre long, which from the 6th century BC supplied the island with fresh water.
The third miracle of Herodotus is the dam around Samos harbour, which has not survived to this day. It has gone into the sea abyss.
Samos is the home of the famous philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras. There is a cave on the island where the thinker has been hiding for several years from the tyrant Polikrat.
Having visited the island, try the Greek cuisine, one of the oldest in the world. Samos is known for its delicious olives, original cheeses and muscat wine, which are served in the Vatican to the Pope’s table.
The trip to the island will be remembered warmly when you return home.
• Collection of guests from hotels;
• Upon arrival in Samos, you will pass the passport and customs control of Greece. And also the whole procedure on the way back;
• Free time for sightseeing of the island from 10:00 to 17:00;
• This island is famous for such famous people as: mathematician Pythagoras,
astronomer-mathematician Aristarchus, astronomer Aristilus, philosopher Epicurus…;
• The island is famous for its small but very cozy towns with beautiful landscapes and sights like Pythagorion,
Kokkari, Marathokambos, Karlovassi, Vatha;
• The most significant sights: the Temple of Hera, the Samos aqueduct
• Evpalinia, the great Heraion, Spilianis Monastery, the Fortress of Lycurgus, the monument of Pythagoras,
the excavations of Tigani with the aqueduct and much more;
• Return transfer to the hotel.
✔ Ferry ticket (round trip)
✔ Port fees
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc…)
✘ Food and drinks
Attention! An important point is that for the trip each tourist needs a Schengen visa and a certificate of vaccination.
Have a Passport with you;
The transfer time from your hotel is indicated in the Voucher that will be sent after booking the tour;
Transport for the tour should be expected on the street in front of the entrance to the hotel, at the barrier;
In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator. there are vacancies;
Babies sit in their parents’ arms. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
Comfortable clothes, hat, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock/sun cream;
Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.