A tour to Pamukkale is a unique opportunity to explore the natural attractions and history of the region, as well as to swim in the springs with healing properties. The journey begins with picking you up from the hotel and a stop for breakfast. Before arriving in Pamukkale and on the way back, lunch and dinner with buffet and drinks are provided for an extra fee.
The tour begins with observing the ruins of this ancient city, located 17 km from Denizli. Together with Pamukkale Springs, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The ancient city was repeatedly destroyed by earthquakes and was rebuilt. It began to be built up as far back as two millennia B. C. The last devastating earthquake occurred in the fourteenth century.
There are ruins of a Roman amphitheater for 10,000 spectators, which was reconstructed over 50 years. There are other attractions in Hierapolis:
At this stage of the tour, tourists have free time to get to know the sights better. Here it becomes clear where the name of Pamukkale comes from – in translation it means “a cotton castle”. From a distance, the snow-white travertines do resemble the cotton. They were formed from calcium carbonate minerals.
Thermal springs attract with a comfortable temperature of 36°C. Filled with water from them terrace baths are arranged in a cascade. Walk here exclusively barefoot because the unique coating is quite fragile.
One of the unique components of the complex, located right at its heart, is the Cleopatra Pool. According to the legend, the famous queen took her baths here.
The thermal spring provides a comfortable temperature of 36°C in the pool. The depth of the reservoir varies from site to site, at the bottom there are columns and boulders, giving the place an antique atmosphere. Both adults and children can swim in the Cleopatra Pool. Separately, there is a water spring, which you can use for drinking. It is quite salty because of calcium bicarbonate, but is good for skin, heart, blood vessels and rejuvenation.
There is a protected park around the pool. It is beautiful and well-maintained. It is nice to walk around, there are bridges and passages, where you can relax on the sun lounger. There are storage rooms to keep your belongings safe.
Tour participants can visit the thermal spring called Karahayit at will and for an additional fee. There are also terraced baths formed out of reddish travertine and more modest in size. The water temperature in the spring is higher, so the rising steam forms a mysterious haze.
On our website you can book the Pamukkale tour from Marmaris. The price includes a round-trip transfer, meals, and guide services. Be sure to bring swimwear and money for extras (drinks, souvenirs).
• Collection of guests from hotels;
• Pamukkale Historical Complex; The ruins of the ancient city «Hierapolis»,
the thermal spring «Cleopatra’s Pool», the ancient cemetery «Nicropol».
• Free time
• Return to the hotel.
✔ Transfer from and to the hotel
✔ Air-conditioned bus
✔ Guide services
✔ Entrance ticket to Pamukkale
✘ Any personal expenses (photos, souvenirs, etc.)
✘ Any drinks during the excursion
✘ Entrance ticket to the Cleopatra Pool Church (Optional)
• Have your passport with you;
• The pick-up time from your hotel is indicated in the voucher that is sent after booking the excursion;
• Transport for the excursion should be expected on the street before entering the hotel, at the gate;
• In case of transport delay for more than 15-20 minutes, contact the operator.
• Babies sit in the arms of their parents. To purchase a separate seat on the bus, contact the operator.
• Beach accessories, drinking water on the road;
• Comfortable clothes, hats, sunglasses, comfortable shoes, sunblock / sunscreen.;
• Money to pay for additional services and all kinds of purchases
• For early excursions, order Breakfast (lunch package) at the hotel.